Healthy Alaskans 2020 Leading Health Indicators
- Healthy Alaskans 2010
- Health Data and Statistics
- ANTHC Epidemiology Center
- National Public Health Improvement Initiative
- County Health Calculator
- The Parran Report: 1954 Survey of Health on the Territory of Alaska
Current Plans for Healthy Alaskans 2020
- The planning and implementation phase will take 18 to 24 months.
Healthy Alaskans 2020 is a statewide framework that has the goal of improving the health of all Alaskans. Once the framework is complete, it will include specific objectives and targets, as well as tools for how to reach those targets and updated data to track those targets over time. Healthy Alaskans 2020 will bring health data, priority targets, local resources, and a wealth of public health and related information to one user-friendly location. Alaskans will have the tools they need to access, understand, and utilize the public health data that affect the quality of life in their communities. The tools, data, and resources can also be used to help set community health goals and evaluate progress.
- Community groups, schools, health associations, chambers of commerce, non-profits, and many other organizations can use this information to support their missions.
- Planners and state agencies can use this data to establish community health goals on a variety of platforms.
- Legislators, advocates, and policy analysts will always have the latest and most relevant data to use as they attempt to influence and create public health policy.
The collaborative nature of the Healthy Alaskans 2020 initiative beings with the joint-effort between the State of Alaska Department of Health and Social Services and the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, but it does not end there. This unique statewide effort allows communities from all over Alaska to contribute information and ideas. The goal is to strengthen and build healthier communities by providing health status information and an agenda for priority health targets with planning and action tools to help reach those targets.
The Healthy Alaskans 2020 initiative ties into a rich history of public health planning and improvement in Alaska. Major efforts in past decards culminated in Healthy Alaskans 2000 and Healthy Alaskans 2010. Public health improvement activities in Alaska closely paralell comparable efforts at the national level, like those of Healthy People.